Are you a fan of comforting, satisfying meals that warm your soul? Then, I have the perfect recipe for you – Crockpot Swiss Steak Dinner. Not only is it incredibly delicious, but it’s also super easy to make, making it a great option for a busy weeknight meal.
You don’t need a lot of fancy ingredients or complicated cooking techniques to whip up this dish. All you need are some simple ingredients and your trusty slow cooker, and you’re good to go. This recipe is the ultimate definition of convenience – just set it and forget it, and let your crockpot do all the work.
With this recipe, you can enjoy a scrumptious home-cooked meal with minimal effort. So, why not give it a try and indulge in the comforting flavors of this Crockpot Swiss Steak Dinner? Your taste buds will thank you!
- If you don’t have fresh parsley, you can use dried parsley.
- If you are cooking this recipe on the stovetop, after searing the steak, transfer it to a baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for 1-2 hours or until the meat is cooked through.
- You can also add other vegetables to this recipe, such as potatoes or mushrooms. Just add them with the other ingredients.
How do I store leftover Slow Cooker Swiss Steak?
You can store it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Can I freeze this recipe?
Yes, you can freeze this recipe. Simply place in a freezer-safe container and freeze for up to 3 months. When you are ready to cook, thaw the ingredients in the refrigerator overnight.
What can I serve with this recipe?
This recipe goes great with mashed potatoes and a salad.
Can I make this recipe gluten free?
Yes, you can make this recipe gluten-free. Just use a gluten-free flour blend instead of regular flour.
Do you love hearty comfort food recipes? If so, you will love this Crockpot Swiss Steak Dinner recipe.
- Preparation time: twenty minutes
- Time to cook: 7 hours
- It serves:6
- 2 pounds round steak
- ½ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 large chopped onion
- 3 chopped carrots
- 3 celery stalks chopped up
- 28 oz diced tomatoes with juice
- 14 oz tomato cream
- 3/4 cup meat broth
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon English sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Add the flour with the salt, pepper, and garlic powder to a large plate. Mix everything together.
- Coat each steak in the flour mixture on both sides.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat add the oil once hot add the steak and brown the steaks on both sides
- Once browned place the steak in the slow cooker.
- Add the remaining ingredients except the fresh parsley and stir.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7 hours.
- Serve garnish hot with chopped fresh parsley if desired.